When I don’t have much time to cook, Sauteed Chicken with Spinach and Mushrooms is my go-to meal. This recipe is very easy and quick to prepare, especially if you cook the chicken beforehand. It basically just involves throwing everything into one skillet.
Sometimes I will roast a whole chicken on the weekend, shred it, and put it in the fridge to use in other recipes, cutting down the cooking time on recipes like this during the week. If I make the chicken beforehand this recipe takes only 15 minutes the day of, and you only need to wash one pan!
- 2 chicken breasts, diced (roughly one pound)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons rendered pork fat (or olive oil or butter)
- 4 medium tomatoes (or 1 can diced)
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- season chicken with salt and pepper
- heat fat/oil a large skillet to medium heat. Add chicken and cook until done. (if you prepared your chicken beforehand, skip this)
- remove chicken and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm
- add tomatoes and mushrooms to the pan. Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender. Add more fat/oil if needed.
- Add garlic, spinach, and cooked chicken. Cook 2 minutes more until spinach is wilted.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve
What are your go-to recipes when time is tight?