Happy Fall! Who else is ready for some cooler weather?
Anyone who knows me knows I can be nostalgic and sentimental. This month’s Recipe Redux theme encouraged us to stir up some of our earliest cooking memories.
I have very fond memories of my dad making my brother and I grilled cheese sandwiches with this thing. I’d always get the Minnie Mouse, and my brother would always get Mickey. There was just something extra special about eating ooey-gooey american cheese grilled between white bread with a smiling Minnie Mouse imprinted onto it.
I have a panini press too. It was a gift from the hubby’s grandfather. I don’t take it out very often, so I decided to break it out and make a more adult version of grilled cheese.
- 2 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 1-2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- ¼ avocado, smashed
- ½ handful arugula
- sea salt
- olive oil
- Warm up the panini press to medium/high heat.
- Assemble quesadilla by adding roasted red pepper, cheese, smashed avocado, arugula, and sea salt onto a tortilla. Top with remaining tortilla.
- Spritz panini maker with olive oil.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted (about 8-10 minutes for mine).
Check out some other Recipe Redux stories and the recipes that go with them below!