Just so you have an idea about my cooking ability when I first got married, the first book my hubby bought me early in our relationship was called “How to Boil Water“, and let me tell you-it was a real page turner!
Really, I didn’t know the first think about cooking back then. I wanted to make him dinner one night so I went to my mom for help. She gave me this simple fool-proof recipe that is delicious and easy.
So give this recipe a go on a night when you don’t have much time to cook. It will be worth it.
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Juice of half a lemon (about 1 and ½ tablespoons)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- ½ teaspoon capers, or some kalamata olives
- ¼ cup roasted almonds, or pecans, or cashews, or...you get the idea.
- Combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano in a Ziploc bag. Also add capers or olives, if using. Add fish and marinate for half an hour.
- Heat a skillet on medium/high heat. Add a little olive oil.
- Add the marinade and the fish to the skillet.
- Pan fry the tilapia fillets for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with roasted almonds on the top.