Pizza and a movie anyone? Sometimes I just like to stay in and cuddle with the hubby, eat cheesy pizza and watch a movie. This kind of pizza fits the bill…tomatoes and basil from the garden, fresh mozzarella, and AVOCADO.
- whole wheat pizza dough
- 3-5 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 tomatoes, sliced thin and seeds removed
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced thin
- a handful of basil, torn
- salt to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit
- roll out the dough into a 12 inch circle and put onto a baking sheet or a pizza stone
- spread a few tablespoons tomato sauce on the dough. Keep it thin.
- layer tomatoes onto the crust. Taking out the seeds first is important so the pizza doesn't get soggy
- layer the mozzarella on top of the tomatoes
- add salt to taste
- layer the sliced avocado and basil on top
- bake in the oven at 450 for about 10 minutes. Turn the heat up to broil and bake an additional 2-3 minutes, until the cheese starts to get some brown spots
- Top with Parmesan, additional basil, and enjoy!
Have you ever tried avocado as a pizza topping?