It’s the small things in life.
I just found a place in Kosovo that will actually filet salmon for me! Every other time I’ve bought salmon, it’s been salmon steaks. And when I try to describe that I want a filet, they won’t do it. It could be the language barrier. I need to learn Albanian.
This month the Recipe Redux challenged us to make a healthy sheet pan meal:
Sheet Pan Meals
We love throwing ingredients together on a sheet pan and roasting for a simple sheet pan dinner. They make busy weeknights a bit more manageable. (And clean-up isn’t bad either!).
This Honey Glazed Salmon with Vegetables fits the bill. It can be a meal as-is, or you can put it over rice.
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- juice from ½ lemon
- dash of cayenne pepper
- dash of black pepper
- ½ sweet potato, sliced into sticks
- 3 carrots, sliced into sticks
- a few florets of cauliflower
- a few florets of broccoli
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb salmon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, add all marinade ingredients.
- Add vegetables to bowl and mix. Spread veggies onto a sheet pan, leaving half of the marinade in the bowl.
- Bake veggies for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add salmon to bowl and coat in marinade.
- Take sheet pan out of the oven, add salmon, and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- That's it!