This month’s Recipe ReDux challenged us to create a “colorful drink concoction” for celebrations. Here is something delicious that can be served with or without alcohol.
I made this fruit infused sparkling water with viljamovka, which is a pear brandy popular in this region of the world. You can use any kind of clear liquor that goes well with citrus.
- 40 mint leaves
- juice of 16 oranges, plus one sliced orange
- juice of 16 lemons, plus 2 sliced lemons
- juice of 8 limes, plus 2 sliced limes
- around 40 strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup of honey (or more to taste)
- 4 liters sparkling water
- 24 ounces of pear brandy (optional)
- Add mint leaves and sliced citrus to large pitcher or bowl. Muddle until mint becomes fragrant.
- Add all the fruit juice, strawberries, and honey. Mix until honey is incorporated.
- Add sparkling water, brandy, and ice.
- Serve with a citrus wedge or cut strawberry on the lip of the glass, and a straw.