“Avocados are bad because they have a lot of fat.”
I hear this way to often, and I have to admit it bothers me a little. Are avocados healthy? Yes. They are chock full of good-for-you-heart-healthy fats!! Plus a bunch of other stuff. Check this out:
Infographic courtesy of Mercola.com: “Avocado Uses and Health Benefits: Facts About This Food.”
Pretty awesome right? Avocados ARE healthy!
- The Best Guacamole
- Green Smoothie with Avocado and Kale
- Bacon Avocado Salad
- Bacon Avocado Lettuce Wraps
- Avocado Caprese Salad
- Whole-Wheat Avocado-Zucchini Muffins
- Avocado Wrap
- Avocado Pizza
- Avocado Scrambled Eggs (Green Eggs and Ham)
- Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- Grilled Avocado
- Avocado on Toast
What’s your favorite way to eat an avocado?
I eat them lots of ways, but the simplest is still my favorite: with a spoon, sprinkled with a little sea salt or lime.